Here I am again. Almost a month from the last post, but I got carried away from other things. No, me and Stevie didn’t leave each other: we are still together and hopefully we’ll be in the same country once … Continue reading
My sketchbook, together with this blog, is like my personal room when I feel lost or I don’t know what to do, where to go or how the future will be. It’s very good when, randomly, I look at the pages and I find my drawings or my notes and it’s like I am back in the past, at that exact moment I drew or wrote about.
Yesterday, as I was looking at my sketchbook, I found this drawing I never published. It’s “The Strand” bar seen from a table of the “Ice Wharf”, in Derry/Londonderry – Northern Ireland. As it’s written on the page, it was the 8th of January 2014 and we spent the night (well, what was left of it after Sandinos) at the Travel Lodge right beside the Ice Wharf. At 12 we had to leave the room, so we went at the bar to have something to eat; I had a wonderful (and very cheap!) Ulster Fry for breakfast/lunch and then we waited some time for our train. That’s when I did this drawing of the bar in front. We even lost the train that day and Stevie, who is very precise on times, was pretty annoyed at it, and it made me laugh as usual (I live constantly in late). 😀
I love Derry, it’s always great to go there ♥
My sister liked my own doodle a lot, so I made one for her too. As the other one: black and white pens, watercolours, coloured pencils, felt tips on my sketchbook.
Singing Depeche Mode and doodling: this is what can happen. Pretty acid.
Let’s think positive. Stevie is going to meet an english guy who teaches the language to children (like Andrea, my little brother). In Italy. Near my house. Who is married to an italian woman and probably can understand the difficulties of living in two different countries, continously moving and never having a certain future [—-> because ok, I know I travel a lot, but honestly I was not chosing Ireland for ten consecutively times if I was going in holidays as everyone thinks].
It will happen nothing, for the hundredth time, ok. But at least it is a try. And to wish us good luck I drew this envelope for the little Andrea, that loves to draw and to play with Stevie: he will be the one giving Stevie’s message to the english teacher 🙂
(12th March 2014)
- Italian coffee (yes, I have my italian coffee machine too! Or better, I have two, just in case one is not working anymore :P)
- Muffin (the English one) —> in Italy we don’t know there are even these muffins I find here, I knew just only the sweet american muffins. If you, like me, didn’t know, read the difference here.
- Gammon (Bistecca di prosciutto)
- Sweetcorn (Mais)
- Potato Wedges with chili
I had a wonderful dinner, cooked by Stevie; it was the first time I had gammon, it’s delicious! I added a bit of extra virgin oil on it and on the sweetcorn, as usual 😉
– Sorry, is it a problem if I smoke a cigarette?
– Oh no, not at all! I just restarted smoking and I’m very happy of it, I’m pleased by the smell of cigarettes.
– Oh, what a coincidence: I just quit smoking!
– You have a cigarette too much in your hands for someone who quit smoking…
– I smoke just only sometimes when I drink, never during the day; you know, I quit…
– Right, I see. I restarted from just a month and I’m happy of it. Almost three years ago, one day I woke up and I didn’t want to smoke anymore, so I just trashed my cigarettes and stopped. And one month ago, a random day, I went to the shop and bought a box of cigarettes and started to smoke again.
He smiles at us, look at his cigarettes box with satisfied eyes and starts cutting his pizza.